"What's the plural of avocado?"
The plural of avocado is avocados or avocadoes.
Definition of avocado:
An avocado is a tropical fruit with a green or blackish skin, creamy flesh, and a large pit or stone in the center. It is known for its smooth and buttery texture, mild flavor, and nutritional benefits. Avocados are versatile and can be used in various culinary preparations, such as salads, sandwiches, dips (like guacamole), and smoothies. They are also a source of healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
Plural of Avocado Example Sentences
- Single Examples:
- She enjoyed spreading mashed avocado on toast and sprinkling it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- He added slices of ripe avocado to his salad, enhancing its flavor and providing a creamy texture.
- They used avocado as a base ingredient for making a refreshing and nutritious smoothie.
- Plural Examples:
- They bought a few avocados from the grocery store to make a batch of guacamole for the party.
- We used avocados in multiple dishes, including salads, sandwiches, and wraps.
- The recipe called for two ripe avocados, peeled and diced, to create a creamy and flavorful sauce.
Avacados vs. Avacadoes
The graph shows the occurances of the plural of avocado in written English since 1800 using Google's Ngram Viewer.